|Date||14 Aug 2001|
Vincent Parker has spent the past six years researching bird distribution in Mozambique. Mozambique is by far the least known part of southern Africa, in ornithological terms. Through extending the Mozambican Bird Club, started in 1996, and training current members to be able to train others, it is hoped to reach a wide audience, ranging from the Department of Wildlife, schools and other conservation programmes.
The project encourages all resident of visiting birdwatchers to contribute their observations - however because of the inaccessibility of much of the country, it is expected that such input will only cover about 10% of the country, so that specific visits to the remaining 90% will be made by the project team.
For further information contact: