|Date||13 Jun 2018|
Even though White Stork is a protected bird species in Republic of Kosova, until now any comprehensive studies of population and action for its conservation are lacking. The project aims to investigate the status of the White Stork population in Kosova by implementing actions such are:
• Carrying out a detailed inventory of white stork nests and their breeding success in the whole territory of Kosova;
• Erecting at least 15 nesting platforms for replacement of nests on electricity pylons and old trees;
• Evaluating the level of protection for the white stork and identify the most valuable areas for the species;
• Continuing with tracking the migration routes of 2 to 3 individuals of white storks by mounting GPS/GSM solar panel loggers;
• Involving schools, young naturalist’s clubs, NGOs and institutions of local administration in the monitoring process and their education on White Storks and biodiversity
• Increase public awareness of white stork conservation.
These very visible actions will address the conservation needs as well as sending a message to the local and central community that they have the power to do something about this.
Read about Qenan's previous project https://www.rufford.org/projects/qenan_maxhuni or for more information contact: