|Town/Region||APA Costa dos Corais|
|Continent||Central and Latin America|
|Categories||Corals, Fishes, Marine|
|Date||25 Jan 2018|
This project is a continuation of our activities supported by Rufford Foundation behalf coral reefs conservation in North-eastern Brazil an area of great importance to marine biodiversity.
The main aims of the project are:
(1) Zoning implementation and oversight of some reef areas
(2) Monthly underwater visual census analysing fish and corals communities aiming for a long term monitoring program
(3) Empower community members to act as field agents conducting surveillance in the reef
(4) Oversee and monitor the area to avoid impacts caused by tourism
(5) Disseminate environmental education material for conservation projects.
Read about Pedro's previous project https://www.rufford.org/projects/pedro_henrique_cipresso_pereira_0 or for more information contact: