|Categories||Biodiversity, Forests, Invertebrates|
|Date||8 May 2019|
In recent years, effects of climate change have resulted to much more pressure on natural forest and the need for participative management for its conservation therefore arises. But in forest management, information gap can lead to bad management plan and action. It’s important to take an accurate and actualized survey about the available resource in the Niaouli natural forest in order to put out the state of the species population that are still present. That forest has been less studied for a while but it is still a hot spot of biodiversity, inhabiting a high number of threatened species. The critical financial situation of villagers around that resource needs to be fixed also to get better participative management. The implementation of the Tree nurseries and beekeeping project becomes particularly important when considering that their practices are accessible to everybody with good training in these fields. Beekeeping is also an important and not neglected source of revenue and plays a crucial role in diversity conservation.
The objectives of this project include:
(1) fill the gaps of knowledge about the species composition of the forest by assessing its diversity and population state;
(2) assess the main important Non Timber Products for local population;
(3) reduce the degradation of the forest by rehabilitating some degraded forest part;
(4) improve the living standards of poor local communities in Niaouli areas by promoting and presenting other potential activities opportunities;
(5) raise the awareness of people by commutating on the threats to different species and importance of natural resources.
For further information contact:
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org